Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

How can dogs find the exact center of the bed without a ruler or sextant?
I got to bed at 11 pm and had eight hours of sleep. This wonderful weather. Only 73^. Off to SS and church.
I dreamed that I was trying to quarantine people. That book on the Flu really got to me.

At Sunday School we again did lectio divina. We had a guest preacher. This was 25th reunion of Chapel Choir (high school kids). This man was one of the original kids in that choir. Then I had lunch with the gang.

Came home and took a nap. We went to dog park at 6. I go to dog park once a day. The big white dog was there who loves to run. My dogs ran until they were tired. As we were leaving Szabo and his folks were coming in.

Now I am about to watch Wallender on Mystery Theatre on PBS. Channel 13 here.

BOOK REVIEW
Kwei Quartey, *Wife of the Gods*
Police procedural in Ghana. Inspector Darko Dawson is our new hero. He loses his temper and beats up people. The wife of the gods is not necessary to the plot. It lends a bit of local color. Young women are given to the priest as wife of the gods. A young woman is found dead in the woods. Interesting plot and lots of beliefs.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: