Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009

I did not eat treats nor snacks at Baptist Center.

The morning went smoothly. We served 12 families at the Food Pantry. We were not giving out clothes. Only groceries and sack lunches. We give out about 200 sack lunches.
Last week and yesterday they gave out 825 school uniforms. Ft. Worth requires school uniforms.
I came home and took a nap for 3 hours, despite the man trimmng bushes and barking dogs.

I worked on quilt blocks. After the News Hour we went to the park. The days are getting shorter. It was almost dark by 8:30 PM. My dogs raced big dogs, esp Buddy. None of my regulars were there. Ray is getting evaluated for surgery for cataracts. I spied Holly across the field but ignored her.

Lady Chica's Tale
We had a lot of dogs racing tonight. Had a great time. I really enjoy racing like that. That silly Buddy stands at the fence and cries if I dont run.

Blitzen's tale
Those big busters were out running tonight. The sun was down behind the trees and it was cool. Mom actually walked around the park. She mostly sits and reads. I like to sit on her book.

BOOK REVIEW
Terri Persons, *Blind Spot*
As I said before, if you can deal with a psychic FBI Special Agent (who has sex with a ghost) then this is a good read.
The plot is interesting. They keep finding bodies with their right hand cut off. The first happening is that a hound dog comes home with a hand in his mouth.

No comments: