Friday, August 7, 2009

August 7, 2009

Friday is a busy day. Up at 8 and off to the dog park where I chatted with Judy. Then off to tai chi. Senior Center was serving hot soup for lunch. Made a libray run. Absolutely need a nap.

And so I did. Now six and Newshour is coming on. Friday is my tv night.

I told Martha that I got depressed watching Bill Moyer's Journal and she said to stop watching!!

Lady Chica's Tale
I spent most of the day sleeping. we went to the park early this morning and I got some running in. We usually see Szabo and his mom. His mom and my mom sat on a bench and talked.

Blitzen's Tale
I think I am getting old. I slept most of the day. Yesterday was really a hard day. Did some running this morning, chasing the lawn mower running on the big dog side. It took that buster a long time to get that lawn mowed.

BOOK REVIEW
Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, *Cemetery Dance*
I quit halfway thru bc it moved so slow. Or should that be slowly? Series features FBI Special Agent Pendergast who seems to be modeled on detectives of the thirties. Reminds me of Ellery Queen. He has a buddy who is a homicide detective. One of their friends, a reporter, is killed by a zombii.
I peeked at the last chapter and the zombii is a hoax, Hollywood makebup. from the dust jacket I think a feature of this series is esoteric unmasked. Pendergast is from the Louisiana Bayou country.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: