Saturday, August 1, 2009

August 1, 2009

William L. Shirer, *The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich*
No possibility of reading the entirety of this huge book. The book begins with Hitler being appointed chancellor and a biography of Hitler. I had not thought about him being of great intelligence. He read a lot. autodidactic

Saturday morning. I pulled myself out of bed at 8 am. I had to have some coffee. While I chugalugged the rains came down. Short shower. It is still cool (81 degrees) so we will go later.
My quilt blocks are ready to have a strip pinned on. I take all the blocks and pin a stripe. Then I sew all blocks. Then press all blocks. Most of my red and black are ready. So I have only 32 left.

I took a nap. Then we went to the dog park at noon. Almost nobody there. I took dogs to Big Dog side where there is a long run along the road. Blitzen and Chica ran back and forth once, chasing a sooter. Then gave it up. I put Blitzen on a leash so he couldn't escape under the fence. By the time we reached the gate lady Chica had beaten us. I took both into the small dog park where they flaked on the table.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom took us into the Big Dog side. It is really more fun to run there bc it is longer. Then we went on the Little Dog side. Nobody much there this morning. Mostly I have been sleeping.

Blitzen's Tale
We had a run for a little while. No big bruisers around. Guess they are wimps, cant come out when it's wet. Nothing much moves on Saturday.

After coming home I slept for two or three hours and dreamed about burying dead bodies. I think it may have rained again.

If you want to see my blog (which is a copy of this) got to Google -- only Google -- and type:

"Blitzen" and "Chica"

I find it absolutely fascinating.

BOOK REVIEW
Susan kelly, *Trail of the Dragon*
Liz Connors series, amateur detective gener. Connors is a free lance reporter with a lover in the Cambridge PD. The title refers to heroin, sometimes called Smoke of the Dragon. Liz starts tracking a missing woman who turns out to be dead of an overdose. Then she hunts the killer.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: