Friday, July 31, 2009

July 31, 2009

Lady Chica's Tale
There is a little dog around here who rides around in a golf cart. He barked this morning and we woke Mom up. So we left for the dog park at 8 am when it was cool. Only Szabo was there. And all the cars were parked. So I didn't get much exercise.

Blitzen's Tale
Ol Szabo was there at the dog park. He and I compete for pats around the big folks. Mom and his mom sat on a benh in the shade. I dont know what they talk about for so long.

Went to tai chi. When I got home, Lady Chica did not even wake up. Blitzen did a prefunctory greeting at the door.

Charlotte Elkins left a comment on my blog:
Years ago, there were a few mystery movies with Lou Gossett, Jr. playing Gideon Oliver as part of a wheel of movies--Columbo and BL Striker. Unfortunately, they didn't use any of the plots of my husband's books and so the only thing the movies and the books had in common was the character's name. The books are better! Glad you enjoyed Old Bones! Charlotte Elkins

The lawnmowers were here but I slept all afternoon. I seem to have day and night confused.

I have been ironing and sewing. Feeling good about achievements. Tonight I plan to watch *New Tricks* and *Waking the Dead* on PBS --- Channel 13, kera in dFW.

BOOK REVIEW
Stuart Kaminsky,*Bright Futures*
Lew Fonesca series. Lew is a chronically depressd process server who chronically gets into trouble. After his wife was killed in a hit and run in Chicago, Lew moved to Sarasota FL. He got in his car and drove until it broke down in the parking lot of a Dairy Queen. In this novel, two kids ask him to prove one of their friends innocent of a murder. Plot sort of weird.

No comments: