Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009

9:30 AM Up feeling energetic. Only 79 degrees this morning. I plan to spend the day sewing. Working on my lap quilts. sewing the blocks, red&black, two black and whites.

I did laundry. Then I managed to figure out how to thread sewing machine and thread bobbin. I still dont have the tension correct. With a singer one has to change bobbin tension with a screw driver. I am sure one can be more precise.

This evening we went over to Lea's for PPQS. Lea trimmed my red and black log cabin blocks. She has a block to use, a plastic block for cutting 12 1/2" square.

Blitzen and Lady Chica are asleep. They are too tired to write.


BOOK REVIEW
C.J. Box, *Below Zero*
My son and I were waiting for the next Joe Pickett novel. Pickett is a game warden in wyoming. Six years ago his foster daughter was killed in a survivalist/FBI standoff. Now the family has been getting text messages from her. Is she alive or is this an imposter. The title refers to the index number of one's carbon footprints.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: