Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

Baptist Center is closed. They are using the space for Vacation Bible School. I woke before the alarm rang at 8 AM. The dogs wanted to get up as soon as they knew I was awake.

One bench at the park was in the shade and cool. Texas sun is always hot. I often wonder what Van Gogh would have thot had he made it as far as TX. He was so excited over the south of France whose latitude is north of TX.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom took me thru that dumb agility course. I tried to get away but she stepped on my leash. She cheated. Not bad in the shade.

COMMENTS ON THE NEWS:
I know just how the prez of Honduras felt circling the airport in Honduras. How many times have I circled O'Hare Airport in Chicago, waiting for my plane to be able to land.
The riots in China seem surreal to me. This has not been my image of China in this century. I thot they had put down all the insurgents.

I took a nap. Sewing, reading.

Blitzen's Tale
Nothing to say. Just another day. I didn't even run very much at the park.

Just another day.



BOOK REVIEW
Linda Ladd *Head to Head*
I thought this was a police procedural until I was well into the book. [Martha said I was naive. The first sentence on the cover gave it away.] The publisher calls this a contemporary suspense thriller. In this case the sheriff's deputy was deep into the suspense. I dont care for thrillers bc the protagonist is involved in the case. Classic mysteries and police procedurals have the protagonist at a distance from the crime.
I lost my disbelief as the novel climbed to a climax. The serial killer decapitated victims and exchanged head with bodies. Furthermore, the FBI was not involved.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: