Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21, 2009

Baptist Center. Six families came in at the beginning. Whew. Altogether we have served 21 families and three more have called since Food Pantry closed.

It is strange. When I come home I expect to find a different email -- not the same old. The dogs were happy to see me. We took a long nap all snuggled up together. I dreamed a perfect detective story but I did not have a killer. Only 93 degrees today. A cool spell.

We went to dog park where we met Mark F who gave us a sack of books he has just purchased. He keeps wanting me to read serious books.
Tired tonight. Maybe I need more water.

Lady Chica's tale
Had fun running the fence tonight. Some hound dog and then Buddy showed up. It's good to be with Mom again.

Blitzen's Tale
I've been lying around sleeping today. Getting old. takes longer to recover. (I hear Mom saying that about herself.)

Oh, yes. I found out that MaeCora who is in charge of Food Bank on Tuesday is 92 years old. She doesn't look a day over 75. I still cant believe it. There is hope, guys.

BOOK REVIEW
Beverly Connor, *A Rumor of Bones*
First novel in Lindsay Chamberlain series. Lindsay is a forensic anthropologist, as is the author. I love these books about forensic anthropologists, altho I think the fad is over with. Lindsay is on a dig in some Southern state. In the burial site they dig up the bones of a woman interred only 60 years ago.

No comments: