Saturday, July 18, 2009

July 18, 2009

4:30 AM I woke from a terrible dream. I was in a Muslim country giving a concert that had something to do with the oppression of women. I was playing some kind of instrument which consisted of my blowing into a tube, attached to a computer or something. In front of me was a page from a magazine with little pictures of women's heads. Each of them was a martyr. The first set went fine. This was in the morning, being broadcast on television or radio or something. We broke for lunch. When we returned some child had been playing at my desk. The magazines were all mixed up. We couldn't find the pictures. Then the system wouldn't work. No sound came out. At first this producer blamed me. Then other people tried and it was obviously the system. Then I woke up.

At 4 I was alone in bed. At 7 the dogs had infiltrated. At 9 a moving van pulled up. I am now out of bed. {When the van pulled up, of course the dogs began to bark. Strange men are taking away my neighbor's furniture.} My dogs are fulfilling their obligation: watch dogs. I want them to be watch dogs.

I saw that I had 8 books waiting. So I made a library run. Thank goodness. see below.

We got ready and went over to Lea's. The dogs stay there while we go to Circle Theatre. As we pulled in to park, the radiator steamed. It was over heated. Well, we went on to the theatre. The play was hilariously funny. It took place in a monastery in 1200. The monks are selling bones all over as if they are saints relics. Really funny. Altho a devout Catholic might be upset.

We bought some water at Barnes & Noble and found the radiator needed almost a gallon of water. I had not paid any attention. I dont take my car in for oil change so often bc I am using some kind of oil. Well, we set forth for Lea's. By the time we got to Handley, east of Ft. Worth it was overheating again. I called AAA who towed me home. Lea called John and hopefully she went home. The dogs will be staying over at Pup's.

My hope is that the car will come back to normal. There is a little repair shop across the street where I will take it Monday.
I will just sleep in tomorrow. No car, folks. Margie Treadgill will be worrying that I am taking my letter to another church. (That is what baptists do: take their letter)

Mark F: If you talk to Ron you can tell him I had car trouble.

Fortunately I made that library run this morning. Eght books to read and they all look good. That should hold me for a day or two. If I really got desparate I could walk to the library. Probably a mile.

BOOK REVIEW
Michael Connelly, *Closers*
2005. Bosch comes back from three years of retirement to work in the Open Case unit. He sets to work with an old unsolved case. In the process he uncovers corruption in the police dept.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: