Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27, 2009

I woke from a dream that I was washing lab equipment and flirting with a crime investigator. That book on the flu is getting to me. It's full of men in the lab trying to find a serum. My sister spent years in a lab working on a vaccine for polio. Persis, you need to read that book. *The Great Influenza*

The sun is not shining. A dream come true. temp is 81 degrees. We apparently had more rain. The sidewalks are wet.

Spent our Monday chat at Wendy's with Judy. She told me about the report on the woman who called police on Skip Gates. Not a neighbor, a passing stranger. We discussed the Gates affair up one side and down the other.

Then I went over to the Cuban sandwich shop for a sardine sandwich. I could make them myself. Never thot about it. Long ago the day care center director was aghast bc I was feeding Martha sardines for breakfast. They have a lot of nutrients.

Took a nap. Sometimes I wake up from a nap thinking it is morning and wondering what day it is. Had a good nap. I can breath today. I assume ozone is down.

We went to the dog park at five and only Ray was there with Heidi, Maggi and Charlie. My dogs were bored out of their minds. Lady Chica lay on the table in the shelter. Blitzen ran around barking at every dog entering Big Dog Park. Finally Holly came with Gracie and then others. Blitzen kept trying to hump so we came home.

Lady Chica's Tale
Gracie's Mom brought us some bones. Gracie eats the meat off and we get the bones to chew. Nobody was at the dog park and I was bored.

Blitzen's Tale
Nobody around to race today. Nothing much going on. When I was trying to hump a couple guys Mom decided to come home. She is such a spoil sport.

BOOK REVIEW
Abigail Padgett, *Straw Girl*
Bo Bradley is a CPS worker in San Diego, CA. I like the book as a whole but her motivation for the villain is always weird. A child is murdered and Bo is sent to find the sibling to protect her. Much insues.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: