Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

Alarm rang at 10 AM. Off to Wendy's to meet Judy. I spent the night herding chickens. I dont really know what the object of it was. Somehow there was a contest and score keeping. Temp is 88. Heat advisory still in effect.

Judy and I spend two hours at Wendy's. We cover every subject under the sun. We discussed the efficacy of therapy. My choice is cognitive therapy. (AlAnon is mostly cognitive therapy in my opinion. The slogans.) I shared with Judy the first half page of my Memoir. Judy's initial reaction was how primitive the life we led in rural Michigan when I was growing up.

Then I made a library run. Going back to read the early Tony Hillerman books. Took a nap.
5 PM The temp is now 105. Heat index is 105. The home air conditioner is not strong enuf to help much in this heat.

We went to the dog park at seven. Not bad in the shade. Dogs mostly lay around in the shade.

Lady Chica's Tale
Buddy was there tonight. We sort of ran a little but it was too hot to run. There were two wading pools.

Blitzen's Tale
Too hot to do much running. I had fun puddling in the two wading pools.



BOOK REVIEW
Michael Connelly, *The Last Coyote
Harry Bosch the lone policeman. The novel ends with harry's house demolished bc of the earthquake and his job in jeopardy. Meanwhile he has found his mother's killer.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: