Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 2009

CORRECTION: Ray's dogs are Charlie and Maggie

Our Sunday School teacher is David Grebel, who is also head of Adult Ed at TCU -- or whatever TCU calls it.

At Michigan State it was called Continuing Education. David is a retired Baptist preacher. The Sunday School class is full of retired preachers and seminary grads. Highly intellectually stimulating.
David: what is it called, that list of texts for preachers. Is it lectionary?

Monday morning. I set the alarm and we were at dog park by 9 AM. Most of the time we were the only dogs there on either side. Eventually people came with a baby and Blitzen loves babies. He wouldn't leave the baby to come home.


Then I scurried over to Wendy's to meet Judy. Ken joined us for lunch. I discovered that at one time Judy was "collecting" stray cats. She is a recovering collector.
Yesterday Judy had a big fight with her sister over the phone about health care costs. Judy sounds like jeff, talking about hidden costs of Emergency Rooms.

Came home. 2 PM Took a nap. 3 PM UPS man arrived with present from sister, Persis. four pears, cheese and crackers. Had a cheese and crackers snack. Back to bed.
5 PM Oda Mae from next door arrived with hot corn bread and bean soup.
I am still sleepy. 6 PM I need to do some sewing. Instead I took another nap. Two hours. At 8 the dogs I insisted that I get up. I dont know why I am so sleepy.

And I dont hurt anywhere in my body. A cool breeze is blowing tonight. Finally. 86 degrees.

BOOK REVIEW
Harold Coyle, *
Coyle is a genre unto himself. he is a historian of the future. In this book he takes robot tanks being tested by the US Army and drives them into battle. A rogue tank runs away, resulting in a friendly fire incident. Our hero is sent from the Pentagon (his fa was a legendary tank general) to investigate the incident. Pressure is strong bc the victims are supporting Iraqi troops. The rogue tank failed to recognize a "friendly" sign.

Coyle points out something I have mentioned before. Playing video games is perfect training for controling robots. Eric Ericson said that the toys and games of children prepare them for adult roles.

No comments: