Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July 2009

FOURTH OF JULY
And I am not going outdoors all day save for a brief dog walk. I feel energetic this morning. I think the ozone alert has gone down. The morning is so quiet. The dogs have not barked and it si 10:30 AM.

The dogs did not bark until after noon. I have taken two naps this afternoon. At 4:37 PM temp was 101 and Realfeel was 108. I have at least tidied up my linen closet. That is no small thing.

We went to the dog park at seven. (At 9 the temp is still 99 degrees.) It was pleasant in the shade. Ray was there. Ray is 66, retired long haul driver, a stereotypical good ol boy, self described racist, who comes to the park every day with Charlie and Sadie, two dachsunds. Tonight he also was baby sitting Heidi whose Mom has gone to Ireland.
He called fire dept when some kids were setting off fire works in a dry field. Everybody thanked him. Richland Hills has called off fireworks, I think. drought

Lady Chica's Tale
By the time Buddy got there tonight I was all tuckered out. Some folks were making noises in the field and some of us were scared. One mom carried her great big hound dog.

Blitzen's Tale
Noise dont scare me. I really raced tonight. Pretty good for an old boy like me. I like Ray. I give him a snoozle every time I see him.

BOOK REVIEW
Laura Childs, *Oolong Dead*
Chick book, subgenre recipes included. Theodosia Browning owns the Indigo Tea Room, serving real tea. As usual she finds a dead body, the sister of a former boy friend. Interesting find. She is on a jump race (like Dick Francis) when her horse shies and throws her. The body is up against a hurdle.
After many an adventure she locates the killer.
Fun read if you are into this genre.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: