Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009

I love Colin Powell. He suggested that Prof Gates and Officer Crowley needed adult supervision.

We were up and away and off to the dog park in time to chat with Szabo and Judy. I chugalugged coffee and did not touch my computer. Park was pleasant. Now 11:38 AM. I have paid my rent and put in a work order to have my toilet flusher fixed altho I fixed it myself. I need a new ---.
Sprinkles falling. High humidity. Maybe now a nap.

Not yet. Too busy. Maintenance man came and put a new stopper in toilet. Needs a new handle he will get. I got it into my head Framers Mkt opened at one. I discovered that it is open at two. Came home to wait. May lie down.

Attended AA Speaker Meeting tonight. Primary Purpose AA has a Wed nite StepSpeaker mtg. Usually the same person comes back year after year in the same month. He speaks every Wed of a certain month. Tonight was the fifth Wed of the month and the topic was Step Twelve. Mostly the speaker spoke of 12 step meetings he had gone on.
He told a joke which I think is so funny: Any old drunk can stagger into an AA meeting but you have to know somebody to get into AlAnon.
[AlAnon is for family and friends of alcoholics. Originally it was mostly wives. Nowadays about half of the members are parents of alcoholics.]

BOOK REVIEW
T. Lynn Ocean, *Southern Peril*
A fun read. Jersey Barnes is a retired federal agent who owns a Security Firm. She retires from actively working her security firm but a friend asks for a favor. The friend's brother is acting strange and she wants Jersey to find out why. That leads into a DEA investigation.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: