Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24, 2009 Part Two

By the time I got to the Senior Center the pancakes were all eaten. On various days nursing homes bring food as advertisements. Survived tai chi. Went Krogering. On the way home, Martha (my daughter) called. We chat as she drives home from Laredo where she has worked all week. She recounted last weekend in Green Bay where she was planning her wedding.
Her wedding is May 1, 2010 in Green Bay, WI. Martha said she was chilly bc temp was only 60. She couldn't wear the clothes she had packed.


I have had one response to my tirade this morning. I clearly identify with the professor, the academician. Mark Shields on PBS thinks the whole incident is a disaster bc everybody has spent the day talking about the incident rather than about health care.
One suggestion was that Obama spoke deliberately to start a discussion of racial profiling.

We went to dog park at 6:30. Off to Bill Moyer's journal. Health care again. He is preaching to the choir. Not much going on at the dog park.

Lady Chica's Tale
My tummy has not been feeling good today. I didn't even eat anything. A huge chunk of that funny stuff (filling of a comforter) was stuck in my tummy. I ran a lot at the park.

Blitzen's Tale
Laid around today. We had two evenings at Pup's. We get a lot of exercise. We went to the park tonight but not much was happenin.

BOOK REVIEW
John Barry, *The Great Influenza*
I have read thirty pages in this. It is not easy reading. We begin with the history of medicine. I have read an earlier book on the flue pandemic but we have learned so much during the last ten or twenty years. about DNA and viruses.

Robin Henig, *A Dancing Matrix*
I am reading this for the third time. I think anybody concerned about the latest swine flu needs to read this to learn about flu virus.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: