Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17, 2009

It rained! It rained! It rained! 2 AM Just a short shower but it did water my plants.
Actually we got very little. Plants under the crepe myrtle canopy did not get wet. We were on the western edge. Arlington got a good shower.

Alarm rang at ten. I am running late for tai chi. No chance for snack before. Senior Center gets day old cake from kroger and other stuff.

Tai chi was just starting. We had a good time. Lots of laughs. Had banana pudding and pizza. 18 points at noon. (My goal is 20 points. Maintenance at my weight is 34 points. I need ten points less per day to lose one pd per week.)
Over to Town Talk, a discount grocery. I buy dog food there and other exotic things. Eggs laid by cage free hens. Lots and lots of yogurt, plain and fruited. One last block of cheese with blueberries. I crave it.
I have found a homeopathic arthritis rub, Zeel. I bought five tubes today. I looked it up online. It works. I have tried it.
I had to wait for a train and sweat was pouring, literally pouring down my face. I have to change clothes from the skin out when I get home. Temp is only 84 but high humidity. Temp rose to 100.

Took a nap. Woke and finished hemming witch quilt. Finally finished one project. Now I can play with my new sewing machine. I was determined to finish project.

Lady Chica's Tale
Buddy and I raced a lot tonight. Lots of big dogs raced.

Blitzen's Tale
This little tiny Chinese dog tried to hump me. Mom laughed and laughed and said it served me right.

Blitzen barks at big dogs when they are on the other side of the fence. he is quiet as a mouse when we are outside and the big dogs are not on leash. Fortunately I think the big dogs were gentle despite being boxers.

Watched *new Tricks* -- that seemed to be an old, old rerun. Also *Waking the dead*. I used something, cant remember the name of it. The dialog is at the bottom. I understood better.

BOOK REVIEW
Aaron Elkins, *Fellowship of Fear*
You know its an antique when people dont use cell phones. Gideon Oliver is an anthropologist concentrating on bones. He goes to Europe as a visiting fellow and of course is caught up in a mystery. Fascinating to watch him analyze bones. I took one course in this and so I can appreciate what he is doing.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: