Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17

Here in Texas, WE WANT TO SECEED. The guy who plays Texas Ranger (Chuck Norris)wants to be prez.
Gov Perry talks about secession. He seems to forget that a lot of the current population of Texas are Yankees. We dont want to have to get a visa to visit our relatives up North.

I did not like CSI Thursday nite. I got confused. The story flipped from present to flashback to online. It was a spoof of Star Trek.

9:00 AM friday. A gentle all day rain is falling, good for the plants. A lot of lightning. I dont remember so much lightning in Michigan. I have errands to run. First to Hobby Lobby to get seals for scrapbook. Also some black scraps for my quilt. Imagine! having to buy fabric.

Fabricholics should not be allowed into a fabric store. Everybody is happy for the rain on the plants, but it sure is messy to get around.
The dogs were freaked out by unbrellas. Then my new neighbor moved in, , that is, the movers moved in, and the dogs were freaked out by the big things going by on dollies. My new neighbor is Pat.
Persis, is Oda Mae a German name? Her fa was German. She is always cooking cabbage in German ways.

I took two naps this afternoon. Walking around a huge store like Hobby Lobby is exhausting. I have done some cutting this evening.
Watched Bill Moyers Journal and chills ran down my back. His guest was David Simon who wrote and produced Wire, a program on HBO which I had never heard of. Simon talked about how he perceives America. I had chills bc I was teaching about this forty years ago. I was predicting where we are going. People tell me I have different insights. I just look at raw sociological data, not juked stats.

Lady Chica's Tale
This morning we had to bark off flying saucers. Mom says she does not believe in flying saucers but for sure they were going past our house this morning. Then there were men going back and forth with big things. We had to bark all these people off.
Mom says we have a new dog on the block, Cassie. She is little and timid.

Blitzen's Tale
Chica wrote about the flying saucers. For sure, we barked off flying saucers. And for sure they exist. Lots of stuff going on today. We never did get to the dog park.
Mom says there is a new chick on the block named Cassie.

BOOK REVIEW
Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, *Blood Sinister*
Interpreting the title would be a spoiler. It is a good title. Another Inspector Bill Slider, London police procedural (and Bill's complex love life). An investigative female journalist is found murdered. Unfortunately, the suspect list includes almost everybody in England, bc nobody liked her. One suspect after another is investigated and found innocent.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: