Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9

Yesterday I heard a man on NPR who is the pastor of an emergent church (Protestant). He thinks religion will change radically very soon.
I heard a talking head on NPR speak about the amount of info about science that is available, all kinds of programs on television. And I thot: younger generations are going to be saturated with science and cannot accept the Bible literally.
I am reading in National Geographic about people who are producing evolution. The key to change is turning genes on and off. Skin pigment has to do with the amount of time the gene stays on. We have about three pigments in our skin, homo sapiens, that is.

Thursday morning. Alarm rang at 9 AM. I have hair appointment at 11 am.

Thank goodness the landscapers came early. Now I can get a nap, after going to the Sunset Gardens birthday party.

A Gentle Reader sent me a story about the dog who survived on an island off the coast of Australia. Sophie is an Australian cattle dog, a blue (or red) heeler. I am convinced that the dingo genes trump every other gene. [Blue heelers are part dingo, bred to herd cattle.] When Lady Chica, who is half blue heeler, stalks a bird she stalks like a cat. They are more flexible than other dogs.
I wonder ---- Lady Chica is smaller than a sheltie (her mo) and looks like a mini blue heeler

Today I am convinced that the body snatchers have taken over the body of Lady Chica. She came up and told me she was ready to go home.

Lady Chica's tale
We really had a good run today. That little black dog, Baxter, was there. He can run almost as fast as I can. I think people have his picture. His mom and dad ride in on motorcycles with Baxter in a case.

Blitzen's Tale
I got those bums running today. We ran and ran and ran. Baxter was there helping.



BOOK REVIEW
William Tappley, *Death at Charity's Point*
This is the first Brady Coyne novel and it reads like it. I only got one quarter of the way thru. It is just too transparent.

Robert Crais, *Sunset Express*
Another Elvis Cole novel. A defense lawyer hires him to prove that the evidence against the defendent has been planted by the LAPD. The usual violence but little sex.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: