Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20

Dental Appointment for cleaning at 10:30 AM

6 AM Up for a pit stop. Stiff from sitting for hours last night. Had to move to get circulation going.

Post Dentist. Well, I am going to be losing another tooth. I have to get my partial denture fixed. Add another tooth to my partial.

Came home and took a nap. Off to dog park. Shared a picnic table with a med student. Interesting. The man who wrote *One Nation Under Dog* thinks one important place for socialization is the dog park. Wow!!

Waiting to watch American Experience. Next week is "Trail of Tears", not to be missed. WKAR tv at 8 PM on Monday.

Tonight's episode was *Tecumsah*. Tecumsah was trying to get an Indian State in the Old Northwest. I just had an idea. Maybe the Indians can take over the Territory of Michigan when the round eyes all leave. The Pottawatamie were gardeners there.
The arboretum at Lansing had an exhibit of how the Pottawatamie lived. I saw a buffalo there.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom keeps talking about having a tooth pulled. I had four teeth pulled last time I went to the vet.

Blitzen's Tale
I almost massacred a white bull dog but Mom pulled me away in time to save him. Grrr. Mom got these new harnesses that I cant pull away from. Grrrrr. Grrr to you, Aunt Martha.

BOOK REVIEW
Richard North Patterson, *The Race*
The title has two meanings, a political race and the question of skin color. This is a fascinating book. Published in 2007 it is like a mirror image of the political campaign in 2008. It ends up with a black man, based on Colin Powell, nominated as candidate for Republican party.

I am working on *Eclipse*, Patterson's 2009 book. I don't know if I can finish. It is about Nigeria and the protagonist is hung in the last pages. It is worthwhile to even look at the book bc it is making me sensitive to the situation in Nigeria. There is just a recent news story about how MEND, the insurgents, have taken hostage some oil company workers.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: