Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 22

8 am My foot is much better this morning. I dont need the cane altho I am still hobbling. Off to the dentist. I am just having a cast of my teeth. When the tooth is pulled, I will have a new partial.

NPR is having stories about Michigan. We have visited Kalamazoo and Detroit Museum of Art. Diego Rivera murals.

Well, it took fifteen minutes to make a cast of my teeth with partial in it. Then the lab will make a new false tooth on the partial. So I decided to drop by Senior Center to find out what day is Soup Day. It was today.
I played grocery bingo and won two cans of tomato sauce. I blend it with fresh or frozen vegies to make faux gezpacho. (Look that up in your cook book.) Martha: I blended all the vegies you sent over. The fresh tomatoes made it special.
Holiday Lane Assisted Living sends over a pot of soup once a month. Today it was vegetable with corn bread. Nice and low cal.
Persis: I did not eat the cake always present at Senior Center. Director goes to Kroger and gets free day old cake.

Took a nap. Clara (Benji's mom) came over to borrow a staple. Blitzen was being hospitable and brot her the remnant of his teddy bear to play with. She thot it was a dirty old rag. Fortunately, Blitzen thot she was playing and did not feel rejected. He was being so nice.
Temp is 88 degrees.

PPQS tonight. I did hand sewing on collars on some new shirts. Lea was sewing a nightie for her grand daughter. She has them pick out the pattern and the fabric. But she is getting behind and losing her grandmother license.

I came home and sat down at the computer. Skype rang, I answered and there was my sister looking at me via video camera. We had a nice chat. Just chit chat. The dogs are sound asleep. I dont think they have anything to add.

Lady Chica's Tale
We are going over to visit Pup today. Yeah.

Blitzen's Tale
Benji's mom came over for some reason and I brot my teddy remnant to play with her. She really doesn't understand how to play.

BOOK REVIEW
James Patterson, *Cat and Mouse*
Alex Cross police procedural, more or less. This continues the first Cross novel. The serial killer escapes from jail and goes on another rampage. Meanwhile Cross joins with the FBI to hunt down the "Mr. Smith" serial killer. Mr. Smith is named after the Martian in a cult novel from the sixties I cant remember.

No comments: