Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday evening April 24

Yesterday afternoon I went outside to find Oda Mae scouring blood from the sidewalk. I contributed some Oxysomething. It turns out that Clara fell in the kitchen. I dont know how she got blood all over the sidewalk. She cut her head and is in the hospital.

I think people need to make provisions for their pets in case of inability to care for them. I had a written will for Belle. Nobody knows what will happen with Benji, altho he is aggressive. I cant keep him. Marilyn says, "I hope somebody will take care of Callie (cat) if something happens to me."

We saw five one act plays. That was an evening! And all were good.
Play One. This was confusing till the last minute. A boy is talking to a magician and a clown. Turns out these are his puppets and he is putting them away.

Play Two. The Assasination of Trotsky. This was a farce. Trotsky has an ice pick in his head and he keeps talking.

Play Three. Imagined meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. Very moving. I kept want to shout at them that we have an African Amrican president. Literally African American.

Play Four. Lea and Cindy were crying at the end. Women of Locherbie. Plane was bombed in 1988. Play is set seven years later. The plot is driven by a woman roaming the hills looking for the body of her son which was never found. Eleven people killed on the ground, by the way. The women of Locherbie talk about the clothing of the passengers which is about to be destroyed. They want to wash it and return to the families of the dead.

People keep saying that the death of a child is the worst that can happen. Maybe when you are young and the child is young. At my age I feel that peope are dying all around me. I mourn my best friend from fifth grade on. I mourn Stormy whom I met in Arlington. My cousins are dying. [I think the death of a long time spouse is the worst. One would be more lonely.]

Another item is that people are dying all around me. Nobody answers the phone or the door and we call 911 to get the corpse.

Play Five. The evening ended on a comic note. Two guys driving together cross country have to share a bed. You can imagine the conversation.

And so we come to Saturday morning. Woke up at ten. We are going to the park. All I have on my plate is getting dressed for the play tonight. I think I will send this now. The dogs have nothing much to say yet.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: