Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19

Hit the snooze button four time, then turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. I woke from a vivid dream which left me feeling "eerie". I think it was a disguised memory.

My sister and I were visiting my young uncles, Reuben and Hermon, when they were young before they went into Army for WWII. [Actually this never happened bck Hermon lived in Detroit where he worked at Graham Paige, an auto maker. too small to rescue. Persis, did he room with Uncle Phil?
Reuben lived in Jackson where he worked for Burroughs who made little speed bumps that rose up in front of a traffic light when it turned red. The only person who ever heard of them was Stormy who seemed to think they still exist.]

In the dream there was a party or something. My mother had sent a message for me to read to Reuben. I started to read it, but it was not words. It was letters arranged to look like words, mostly consonants. I couldn't read it. then I woke up.

And so it goes at 10:34 AM. I have too much on my plate today to go to church.

We went off to the dog park. as we were coming home Allen called on his way to. Sorry we missed him. Some people recognized Lady Chica from her picture on Facebook.

I copy this journall onto my blog spot every night. Last night my blog spot was locked. I guess my comments about the governor were too caustic.

Leslie had a dinner party tonight. her boyfriend flew in from San Diego. He is fascinating. he learned to program when he was in high school in 1967.

Lady Chica's Tale
Aunt Martha brought over a harness to wear when we are out walking. I dont know what I thik about this. Mom thinks it is wonderful cuz it pulls straight up. Let's see what happens when Blitzen sees a bicycle.

Blitzen's Tale
On the other side today there were some big busters. Big. They looked like horses. There was our own little boxer who shows up a lot to race with us.

BOOK REVIEW
Sara Rosett, *Staying Home is a Killer*
Chic flick. Mom Zone series. Ellie Avery is an AF wife, living just off base. everybody else from the base lives in the neighborhood. She keeps stumbling over bodies. The local police are often ready to arrest her, but the OSI officer believes her innocent but stupid. Author is an AF wife. So it rings true, other than the bodies.

OSI officer is on the base. Military intelligence or something. Office of Something Intelligence.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: