Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29

Addendum to Tuesday:
My wound is healing. Not even raw any more.
Nancy and I looked up the duck story on Snopes, about the man catching ducks being shoved out of the nest in a high rise bldg. Snopes had the pictures.

And Wed morning. Woke at 10. Listening to NPR. Bill Gates Sr. is promoting his book. He runs the bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He is talking about education in the US. A mother of a teacher called in about the discipline problem. Gates thinks a good teacher can get the kids interested.
Ha. I quit subbing in 1992 bc I had a seventh grade math class. Not one of those kids was interested in anything. I am the genius Gates is talking about, but I could not interest those kids. They were apathetic.
In Dickinson where Libby taught 3rd grade, the school built a padded room to restrain one student.
The answer is not the school system. First, the economic system. Second, the mental health system. Libby had an autistic kid in her room.

Happily I got home tonight before the rain came. Another day of forced marching. Around UTA campus. We parked in a faculty lot, of course. I drove over to Lea's and deposited the dogs. Then we went on campus. We walked over to the library Special Collections. The exhibit was wider than I knew. It was a sample of Special Collections. Wonderful exhibit. Letters from the Civil War. Pics of the centennial celebration.
Then we walked over to faculty club to find that they had closed early. So back to the car across campus.
We had soup at Corner Bakery. Lea had an implant yesterday. So she had the day off. We went back to Lea's house and watched the news. Mstly it was about swine flu.
Lea had cooked soup for dinner. So we ate and I came home.
I had all day to rant and rave. Lea always has something to add.

Listened to Pres Obama's News Conference. I know everybody will have something to criticize. Now to unwind and get to bed. No nap today. Did not read a book.

Lady Chica's Tale
We went over to visit Pup for a long long time. It was fun but what happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

Blitzen's Tale
Old Chica said it all. What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's. He is a good ol boy.

Lady Chica is prowling into the bag of paper to be recycled. How does she have the energy?




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: