Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009

9:30 AM At least it's not raining. Off to the dog park.

We were totally alone at the dog park. That has never happened beforre. Blitzen was reduced to chasing birds. I was chilly and had to dig out a sweater. Wow. After we got home it has begun to rain again. Flash floods predicted for today.

Lady Chica's Tale
Nothing to chase this morning. No other dog was there, big or small. It was a good day for chasing, too.
Mom left the front door open. I like to lie in front of the storm door, smelling under the bottom.

Blitzen's Tale
Absolutely nobody at the dog park, neither small nor big busters. Not much fun.

Went krogering to get some prunes. Came home and took a nap. Marilyn gave me some groceries. She buys stuff and then decides she doesn't want it.

Blitzen is a super good watch dog. He was barking and barking that something was wrong and I wanted to wring his neck. (it was not his I WANT bark). Finally I heard the alarm clock ringing. I had set the hour wrong. Blitz knows that the alarm clock energizes me.

Another day has finished. I have two caftan shirts finished and am sewing on buttons for a finishing touch. I have six or seven more cut out.

Persis: I have decided I will not buy another tee shirt. What? am I insane? Yes, I think I am obsessive.

BOOK REVIEW
John Lescroart, *The Hunt Club*
Lescroart introduces a whole new cast of characters, with Dis Hardy making two cameo appearances. Wyatt Hunt is a PI working sometimes for Hardy's law firm. The back story tells how he was a CPS worker and got fired. In this book, a federal judge and his young mistress are found shot to death in the judge's home office. Hunt works with his homicide dick friend, Juhle, to find the killer.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: