Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26, 2009

How did it get to be 11:30 AM. I guess I took my nap w/o getting up. As soon as I get dressed we are off to the dog park. Temp is 77 degrees. I made need a jacket at park. Chance and Buddy are never there in the morning.
I intend to spend the remainder of the day hiding things that Martha would insist I throw out. (She is coming to mop kitchen floor tomorrow.) After all, my house is piled with jumque that Marilyn's daughters insisted she throw out.

The sun is hot but I took my foldig chair and sat in the shade under the trees where a slight breeze was blowing. My dogs were full of energy but alas no big dogs to chase. Fortunately there were plenty of bikes going back and forth. Gateway Park is the end of the trinity bike trail. People park there, ride bikes back and forth.
I was planning to stow away my shorts for the winter but that is not a good idea yet.

Lady Chica's Tale
We tried to get some big dogs running but they were not interested. We chased bikes back and forth.

Blitzen's Tale
There was a big ol white buster I tried to talk into racing but he just trotted off. There weren't many dogs in the big dog side.

How can I have taken a nap when I slept in so late? Nevertheless, I took a nap. I am always glad to take dogs to park the first thing bc they sleep all aft.

It is now 10:30 Pm and time to go night night. My kitchen counter is clean and a lot of clutter put away. I guess I am ready for Martha.

BOOK REVIEW
Robert K. Tannenbaum, *Capture*
One of a series. Roger Karp is New York District Attorney. This is both a legal thriller and a police procedural. Accounts of a trial are interspersed with hunt for Islamic terrorists. (Real events seem to have overtaken this recently.) This is a page turner.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: