Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21, 2009

I woke at 10:15 and managed to get to Wendy's by 11. Judy and I discussed culture change. Judy says she thinks of these sessions as class. I invariably go into lecture mode. I mentioned that I said in Sunday School that I think Karl Marx was the last Old Testament Prophet. (He had been raised as a Jew.)
For the record, I consider Karl Marx the first social psychologist. As a social scientist that is different from the Communist Manifesto.
Marx was concerned with the "means of production". Well, what is underlying the vast cultural changes of our time is the change in means of production, starting with automation shortly after WWII. Marx would have new things to say about the world today.

Blitzen's Tale
Judy told Mom that my tales were getting boring. Maybe I should invent some monsters coming to the dog park. There are bobcats and coyotes prowling the woods. One Mom worries that a buzzard will swoop down and carry off her precious baby. Ed note: baby being a Yorkie. (Mom doesn't realize buzzards only eat carrion.)

The dogs "were" boring today. They didn't run anywhere. Mostly they sat under the table. Blitzen went over and pestered some people who were having a picnic lunch. He jumped on the table to join them and they gave up and walked off. Us regulars laughed.

Lady Chica's Tale
Well, I just didn't feel like running tonight. I did make a little pass with Chance. She hassort of given up on me. Judy says our tales are boring. Right.

We got home from the park just qs a thunderstorm hit.

BOOK REVIEW
William kent Krueger, *Heaven's Keep*
Cork O'Connor, sheriff of Aurora, Minnesota. Kreuger keeps killing off his main female characters. In this book Cork's wife, Jo, is killed in a plane crash in the mountains of Wyoming. Plane is not found. Later evidence convinces Cork that the crash was not an accident. So he sets forth to find the truth. Heaven's Keep is a mountain.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: