Tuesday, September 22, 2009

september 22, 2009

I incorporated the alarm in my dreams. I didn't want to get up. And then I had to face the rain driving to work. The pavement steams after the heat of the summer. (Martha and I have discussions about what causes this.) And my car is making some kind of noise.

10 am Baptist Center. The computer was down and I had to move to a closet. Our director is not here and and and..... Ten families in one hour. May Street Market (Food Pantry) is busy.
11 AM We have now served 20 families. End of the month.
Lots of new people. Anglos.

New kinds of people. More middle class. We are closing pantry having served 23 families.

I came home and napped for three hours. The cool air is so nice. My car was still acting up. So I took the dogs for a walk and plan to take car in to garage tomorrow.

Lady Chica's Tale
Taking a walk was not so bad. We haven't been running much these days. Mostly I am sleeping. Mom says it is so good to be cool.

Blitzen's Tale
I dont mind taking a walk once in a while. new smells all over the place. I just hate when Mom runs the vacuum cleaner. I run under the bed. That's where my den is. I hate the blender, too.

BOOK REVIEW
Dorothea Benton Frank, *Shem Creek*
A Low Country Tale. This is a sweet little story about a woman who moves back to the small town where she grew up. I enjoyed this.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: