Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009

9 AM I thot we were sleeping in. I woke up highly energized. It is cool. Only 73 degrees. I have a long list of minor tasks to do. Change sheets, clear dining table (a week's work), clear kitchen counter (load dish washer, put clean dishes in cupboard), clear stove top. In between vacuum, mop kitchen. Then finish about six caftans cut out so that I can clear coffee table. Then on to more string quilts. (i call them string quilts bc I am using small strips of fabric).

I think it would be fun to make a list. I can spend time that way. Writing my dissertation I called it "sharpening pencils".

Good grief! Juno has popup voice ads. Well, I have changed sheets and put them in laundry. I am reading Haynes Johnson's book about 2008 election. He has a lot of polling data from 2007. Even I had not realized how much the country has changed. I think the Republicans are done for. They do not have a clue.
They made a big mistake opposing Sotomayor.

Sorted more clothes with Marilyn. A lot of these have to go to Baptist Center. I have no more room.


Lady Chica's Tale
What goes on at Pup's stays at Pup's. This is confidential. Uncle John gives us a treat when we arrive. Blitzen always buries his. I dug it up and ate it.

Blitzen's Tale
What goes on at Pup's stays at Pup's.

PPQS tonight. [Philosophical Paleontological Quilt Society]. I have all black and red blocks finished. We laid them out tonight. The quilt will be beautiful. Beautiful.
I will ask Lea to send me a pic and I will forward it. She is putting a pic on facebook for the recipient.

BOOK REVIEW
Dorothea Benton Frank *Sullivan's Island*
Stand alone novel. Sullivan's Island is off the coast of Charleston, SC. This is the story and the back story of a woman raised on Sullivan's Island and her present life in Charleston.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: