Friday, September 18, 2009

September 18, 2009

2 AM I have been sitting up reading the story of the 2008 election, agonizing over each primary, agonizing whether Obama would win the nomination. In hindsight, McCain's election campaign was a guaranteed loser.

Friday. Up at 9:45 am. Chugalugged coffee and off to tai chi. We spent most of the hour playing with our canes. we are dangerous. Learning how to swing. Then I snacked at the Senior Center and stopped at Dollar General.
Now for a nice little nap.

Just read an article on over eating. Ha! Lack of sleep decreases hormones that control appetite. Ha! I should have lots and lots of those hormones. And I ate icecream over peach pie at the Senior Center.

I took a nap and we trundled over to the dog park. Weather was perfect until it began to rain. The dogs raced a fat old bull dog who couldn't keep up with them. Chance only arrived as we were leaving. I'll let Blitzen tell his tale and why we had to leave.
Hope it is not a pledge night on PBS.

Lady Chica's Tale
I love it when there is nobody else in the park. Then of course people kept coming. we raced this fat old bull dog for a long time. He couldn't keep up. Mom says Chance was there when we left.

Blitzen's Tale
I found the cutest little Yorkie. I wanted to adopt him into our pack and take him home but Mom couldn't see it. he had some Dad there, too, a big old buster.
[Ed. note. Blitzen played with the dog. Then humped him and humped him.]


BOOK REVIEW
Colin Dexter, *Last Bus to Woodstock*
The first Inspector Morse Mystery. 1975. Morse was younger then. I remember the prologue but nothing of the mystery. I was motivated to read the series again after seeing Inspector Lewis on Mystery.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: