Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009

Cool and pleasant all day. Up and out to Baptist Center. We closed at 10:30 am for a funeral. meanwhile people were lined up for groceries. I tend to get flustered. Officer Lee helps me keep it together.
Jim Thurmond had been a member of Broadway for fifty years. His service was lovely. Mrs. Thurmond gave the eulogy. Did a great job.
Afterwards we had a great spread in the Fellowship Center. I say with Bette H and Margie T.
I felt less guilty about skipping church when I heard that both Bette and Margie did not want to drive in Sunday's torrent.
Came home and had a brief nap (one hour) before I went for my massage. I am so much less tied up these days.
Then off to the dog park. nadia and Ray were there as were Kissy and her family and somebody else I know by sight. It was pleasant.

BOOK REVIEW
Clyde Ford, *Whiskey Gulf*
Charlie Noble series. Charlie is currently a PI, having resigned from Coast Guard Intelligence. I had no idea such a unit existed. Charlie thot Coast Guard only patroled coasts until he was sent to the Gulf after 9/11. I know that some Coast Guard sailed across to the rivers of Viet Nam.
Story takes place along the Canadian/American border near Vancouver Island. Terrorists from Behrain are over there. It all has to do with some new torpedoes.
A couple on a sail boat vanish in Whiskey Gulf. This is the area set aside for naval shooting range. Charlie is employed by a local yacht club of which the couple were members. Charlie is employed to find out what happened to the couple.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: