Saturday, September 19, 2009

September 9, 2009

Saturday morning and all was quiet. So peaceful until Blitzen decided he needed a drink of water. He had to go past Chica who was also on the bed. And they have this hullaballo. They are forever making noise. They talk.
11 AM and off to the dog park when I finish breakfast.

No big dogs were running. A sea of mud ran along the fence on the other side (the big side). A small airdaile ran "with" my dogs along the fence. new phenomenon. I chatted with a former Youper. (What is a Youper? Resident of Upper Peninsula. Upper Peninsula where? Why, MI of course.) We swapped lies about the winters.

Lady Chica's tale
None of the big dogs would run near the fence. Too much mud. two little boys rolled over and over in the mud. Boys!!!!

Blitzen's tale
A little airdaile on our side of the fence kept running with us. We raced back and forth but none of those big busters would run. One of the big moms talked to me, trash talking back.

I took a nap. Could I have slept three hours. It is minutes before 7 PM. It rained again while I slept.

BOOK REVIEW
Alexander McCall Smith, *Tears of the Giraffe*
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Second book in series. Percious is not yet married. Mr. JLB Matkone, her fiance, adopts two orphans. Precious searches for an American man who disappeared many years ago.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: