Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Black Hat Brigade Michigan

At 2 AM Lady Chica was howling. That is only the second time I have heard her howl.
Resting all day was good. My muscles have recovered. I feel great. I ran out of bread yesterday; so I baked a loaf. As usual, I put dried cherries in it, and it tastes like cake. Texture would not make it at the county fair. (I used to exhibit bread when I was in 4H.) in my day girls exhibited food and dress.

Looked up Black Hats. 24th Michigan They were "The iron Brigade" or "The Black Hat Brigade". I need to look them up further.
They enlisted in Detroit. My great grandfather enlisted in Niles,MI.
24th MI suffered most casualties in Union Army at Gettysburg.

Came home from Baptist Center and took a nap. Leta invited me over for cocktails and dinner. I gave the dogs a short walk.
We started with white sangria wine. Then we had squash soup. Meanwhile Leta fixed a salad at the table. She mixed up brownies and baked them. I brot mine home along with a carrot muffin.

We attended AlAnon meeting. Topic was Sixth Tradition.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: