Friday, June 27, 2008

Nora Roberts

Got up at my usual hour of 9:30 am. Dogs were busy this morning. Probably neighbors were out talking. I could not take the torture of exercise.
I have sort of hung around all day, cutting out pieces of shirts. Listening to another Gillian Roberts, Amanda Pepper in Philly. It is rather slow.
I took two naps. One in the aft and one in the evening. Got to Ft. Woof about 7:30 PM. Lady Chica and Blitzen raced a pack of big dogs along the fence. two of them were racing greyhounds.
I had a literary conversation with two people. One of the women remembers what I read last week.
Came home and sat out with the neighbors for a while. The old ladies sit around, Marilyn in a wheel chair. Mildred and Ola Mae are helping take care of her.




NOTES ON BOOKS:
j.d. Robb is Nora Roberts. I looked her up in Wikipedia and she began writing in 1981. She has three nom de plumes because her publishers wanted to publish more books.
The series about Lt. Eve Dallas are called "police procedurals".
BOOK REVIEW
Gillian Roberts, *Found Dead in Philadelphia*
another nom de plume
I found this book rather slow but the ending was a vast surprise and eminantly satisfying.
The protagonist is Amanda Pepper, a high school English teacher. A fellow teacher comes to her house early in the morning and begs sanctuary. When Amanda comes home from school the teacher is found dead in her living room.
The story is told in first person with much inner dialog. I would say this is a woman's book.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: