Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flag Day

I must look up flag day in Wikipedia. Have you ever thot that Wikipedia is returning to the way the Bible was written?

June 14, 1777, Second Continental Congress adopted the flag.

10 am and Lady Chica has been determined to get me out of bed. She doesn't want anything. She wants me to look at my email. (Well, she just knows I sit at the computer.) She has gone back to sleep, but a watchful sleep. She reminds me of my uncle's cow dogs. At milking time they herded the cows back to the barn.
I call this the "Lassie Syndrome". In the original book, Lassie traverses the length of Scotland bc she needs to be at the school at 4 PM to pick up Timmie.

DOES ANYBODY WANT AN AGING DACHSUND NAMED MAGGIE? Ray is providing a foster home. He says two months. I cannot imagine him putting her down.

The sudden death of Tim Russert shocks me, as it does most of America.

1 PM Why do the dogs need to go out just when the story reaches its climax? (including tv programs but at least with a tape I can pause). I have a hunch they may pick up some nonverbal cues on my part.

The Plus size thrift store has been replaced by a regular thrift store with small sizes. Alas. I need to lose a size or get a new swimming suit. Probably Walmart.

BOOK REVIEW
The Whited Sepulchre has asked for book reviews of what I read.
*Blind Descent* by Nevada Barr is too slow for mystery readers. It is a fascinating description of what it feels like to descend into a cavern. Nevada in each book describes what Anna Pigeon (her hero) is feeling. The end of the book is usually scary.
At present I am listening to tape 7 of 9, and Anna and a friend have begun to discover a person buried for four days in a cave-in. at that point the dogs demanded to go for a walk.

We went to the dog park at seven. Ray was there with Charlie and Maggie. Miles with Avery and black dachsund. Somebody with Tiger who is a chatahoula. Women chatter and chatter and chatter.

At library I took out Shelby Foote, Vol I of the Civil War. It is a huge book and I do not expect to read all of it.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

1 comment:

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Dr.,
I've never had that thought, comparing Wikipedia to the Bible. That's going to bother me the rest of the night.

r.e. Shelby Foote, of GREENVILLE, MISSISSIPPI, is one of our great historians. Every detail in that 3-volume set was carefully researched. The color of the horses, the length of moustaches, you name it, Foote could prove it.

He wrote the whole thing with a quill pen, just to be weird.