Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Solstice

My body hurts like a storm is coming. My left arm aches a lot. I went to sleep at 3 am and slept until 11:30 am.
I am sorting my new fabric and cutting out one satin caftan shirt. Martha suggests I start sewing my mother of the bride outfit. They intend to marry in two years, giving me plenty of time.

Went to the dog park at seven. Not many there. Ray was spraying the area with detergent. And so it goes.


BOOK REVIEW
Rick Riordan, *Rebel Island*
This is the latest in a series featuring P.I. Tres Navarre in San Antonio, TX. Tres has a PhD in English and became a PI when he could not get a job teaching. I identify with him a lot. Now he teaches part time at UT San Antonio.
Riordan also writes children's books, and his Navarre books are more adventure stories than classic mysteries. I enjoy them thoroly. He throws in the essence of South Texas.
Rebel Island is an island in the Gulf off the coast of Texas near Port Aransas. He and his pregnant wife are having a honeymoon and run into all kinds of difficulties including a hurricane.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: