Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hunting Season by Nevada Barr

Aches and pains this morning. I get a lot of exercise volunteering at Baptist Center. I sit and stand up, sit and stand up, handing out sack lunches.
I have found two fleas on Blitzen. Park sevice puts ground up corn etc on park. The wind has been too heavy to put any down this spring. It would not stay. I will give Blitz a shower with flea soap. he hates showers.
As it turned out, Blitzen did not resist taking a shower. he even seemed to enjoy it. Of course, Lady Chica was there, too. She begs for a shower.
I seem to be so tired this aft. It may be allergy and I can't breath. Listening to *Hunting Season* on tape. Nevada Barr. I have read this before. I know *how* the murder was done but not who.

I kept busy all day but I don't see much result. Sorting fabric for one thing. We went to the park at seven. Ray was there with Charle and Maggie and Miles with Mickey and Avery.
Lady Chica patrols the fence during all the time. If a dog comes near she snarls at him. Sometimes she just looks, with that mother look. (Anna Pigeon says that mother look is more frightening than anything.) Today a little, little dog chased her away. Amazing. She went back however.

BOOK REVIEW
Nevada Barr, *Hunting Season*. I knew when I took the tapes out of the library that I had read this book. I knew from reading the dust jacket. Within two or three chapters I remembered the *how* of the murder. The pivotal mystery in this book is *how* the victim was killed.
Anna Pigeon, the park ranger, has been transferred to the Missippi Trace. A dead body is found and the investigation begins. This book has less description of the environment. I have my suspicions of the murderer. Listening to tapes is more fun bc I can't read the last chapter. I am tempted sometimes to listen to the last tape.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: