Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Joe Grey, talking cat

Off to Baptist Center. Still asleep altho walking around. 8 am

10:37 am Well, things are slowing down. On nice days we get a lot of people. Actually we only gave out 180 sack lunches. At 11:30 we had a crush of people seeking groceries, about five at the same time. I find that confusing. I have to look up each in the data base. They are allowed to come in only once every thirty days.
Came home. Could not get to sleep. Grp Con meeting tonight. I am Primary Purpose AlAnon secy. Must read minutes.

I am so tired tonight. Last night I went to sleep while the book on tape was playing. Took dogs to park. Ray brings Maggie, and she sat under a tree waiting for her person.

AlAnon meeting was intense tonight. Topic was Step Six, about letting God remove your character defects.
Short grp conscience meeting.

BOOK REVIEW
Shirley Rousseau Murphy, *Cat Breaking Free*. Her hero is Joe Grey, a cat who talks. There are three talking cats. I could deal with that but they can also read. If one does not think about that too much, the books are delightful. Again, girl flicks. Do not recommend for a man.
I have also started reading James Patterson, *Beach Road*. I am trying very hard not to read the last chapter.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: