Monday, June 16, 2008

Karen Grigsby Bates

Slept in. The dogs want to play this morning. Seeing that squirrel seems to motivate them.
The squirrel is a normal size. I meant that it was six feet away from the window.

Spent the day listening to tape and sewing. And now I have four more bags full of fabric acquired this evening. A friend of Lea gave her boxes of fabric, mostly satin. Sienna and I divided it tonight.
Sienna is Lea's grand daughter down for a month from Alaska. She is a doll.

Happily I can take my dogs with me to Lea's house. I don't have to walk them when I get home. Actually they will flake out for about 48 hours.

I am exhausted. Getting that fabric was so exhilerating I am exhausted.

BOOK REVIEW:
Karen Grigsby Bates, *Chosen People*
This is what I call "chick flick" fluff complete with recipes at the end. I enjoyed it thoroly.
The author is black and most of the characters as well. Otherwise it reads like any other book. This is an enjoyable read for a mystery afficianado (as I said, my spell check ends my internet session).
As a sociologist I was glued to the page. This is blacks assimilating into white culture, like Tony Hillerman's Navahos.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: