Sunday, June 8, 2008

Glen Rose

At the Scottish games I watched a demonstration of sword work. It looks just like tai chi, with the sword an extension of the arm. I watched the swordsman's feet.
It reminds me of the poem:
Ill fared it then with Roderick Dheu
When on the field his targe he threw,
For trained abroad his arms to wield
Fitzjames' blade was sword and shield.

For the first time last night Lady Chica barked ferociously w/o waiting for Blitzen who huddled under the covers growling softly under his breath. For a long time she has never barked. She has been learning from Blitz. I think the pack structure is shifting.

I will get to SS today. We are giving pastor a gift, a hat. Also this is his last sermon as our pastor.

Our pastor preached his last sermon and I said goodbye. Then I picked up the dogs and raced over to Lea's house. She, her sister and two grandkids went with me to Glen Rose State Park where the dinosaur tracks are. I am just too tired to write much. We climbed down steep hills to each of two ponds. I never did see the tracks which are on the other side of a pond only crossed on stepping stones. I did not dare try crossing. I had one of the kids take pictures for me.

This is when I miss Libby. I wanted to tell her how much the place has changed since we went there in 1990.

We had dinner in Glen Rose and drove home. We played car games in a hilarious fashion. Like the grandmother's basket game. Lea had grandma empty her basket of apples, bananas, cranberries, dates etc. Gino added ninjas.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: