Thursday, June 19, 2008

Continued

Woke up stiff from toe to finger but moving around has loosened me up. I wonder if
I have been reacting to approaching front. Mild thunder storm this morning. We purely needed that rain.
Dogs set up a ferocious barking. I explained to them it is Charter workmen who are
setting up a phone or tv or something. They quieted down. Miracle.
Sometimes I feel like a herd of cattle that Lady Chica is guarding. She watches my every move. Now she has added the tape player to the repoitoire.

BOOK REVIEW
Laurien Berenson, *Underdog*
Chick flick. Don't bother.
Melanie Travis receives a standard poodle from her Aunt Peg, on condition she learn to show the dog. This dog does nothing to solve the mystery. The dog trainer is poisoned with arsenic. Did you know that in the past dogs were given slight doses of arsenic to give them a better coat. That is how the killer gets the arsenic. The killer maintains it was an accident. She did not mean to kill.

Nevada Barr's novels follow a formula. A body is found on National Park land. So Anna is involved in the investigation. At the end Anna goes through some terrible physical crisis. What makes the books interesting to me is that she gives a long description of some national park. Also the crisis scares me, altho I know that Anna survives because there is another book.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: