Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 22, 2008

Feeling better this morning. That heating pad helped my shoulder a lot.
Went to Sunday School and church. ate lunch with Bette. Then came home and walked dogs.
Today was my birthday. Martha and Jeff had a cookout. rib roast. mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives. Then strawberry shortcake for dessert. Persis, she used angel food cupcakes.

We just hung out and chatted. I took two little naps. Martha gave me a yak bone bracelet for my birthday. (That understates it. It has turquoise and coral set in each piece. )

BOOK REVIEW
Faye Kellerman, *Stone Kiss* (on tape)
This is one of a series featuring Peter Decker, homicide detective in Los Angeles, and his wife, Rina. Both are modern orthodox Jews. Jonathon,Peter's half brother, calls. Jonathon's wife's brother has been shot and the wife's niece has vanished. The victim is found naked in a hotel room, and he had been with his fourteen year old niece.
I am a Faye Kellerman fan. I have read all her books over the years. Recently I have begun to read consecutively in chronological order all her books over again. I know tht in this book Peter is badly shot up bc in the following book he is convalescing.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: