Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday June 9

Lady Chica lies on the floor beside me, totally flaked out. She has spent the last two days in Lea's back yard, digging for mice.
I am admitting my limitations. I plan to spend the day lying in bed listening to books on tape. I have 19 hours of Nevada Barr. I don't like her narrator.
I guess I will give up the fantasy of flying around the world. Sitting leaves me stiff.

I am motivated to read more about the Confederate Army. At the Scottish Games I saw a booth devoted to enlisting re-enactors. I went over to see it and was shocked to see the men wearing grey uniforms!!! Grey!!! I learned that Texans had been at the battle of Gettysburg.

This morning I looked up John Bell Hood in Wikipedia. Ft. Hood was named after him. My great grandfather was with Sherman opposing him during the seige of Atlanta. Yesterday I was told that the Michigan regiments were considered ferocious fighters.

At six PM, we went to Ft. Woof. I actually was chilly. Funny puppies were there.

No comments: