Wednesday, February 11, 2009

feb 11, 2009

Kevin writes:
In spite of all assurances that the libraries aren't going out of
business, you're apparently still very worried subconsciously.
Actually, exporting redundant librarians could represent an example of
the new way of doing things Obama has been talking about, but frankly I
think it would be far more beneficial for the country if bankers,
lawyers and congressmen were exported rather than librarians (or
Liberians). The developing countries are already used to recycling our
waste, so maybe we could send a couple hundred barge loads of these
suited nuisances to be recycled into something beneficial to humankind.
Dog food comes to mind, but that's just my initial thought. Explain to
your dogs I'm only joking and mean no offense to them :-) .

Another gentle reader writes:
dr m, i know what you mean. The other day i heard that the govt was cracking
down on allowing guatemalans being allowed into the country, and i immediately started
wondering what alternates could be used to make that wonderful dip at the mexican
restaurants. Ron finally told me that it was guacamole. i just hope the govt does not
find out about them.

Amendment:
Martha wants it clearly understood that Jeff is taking a dance class with Martha. They are taking a beginner's class in ballroom dancing at TCU.

I fixed the color in the tv. Apparently the tv must be turned on first and then the little box.

I got up and ate breakfast at 4 AM. Then back to bed until 8:30 AM. I am going to exercise in our club house on site.

We watched a video. We sat and raised our arms and raised our legs. Stretching. I could use all that. I came home and took a nap.
We went to the vet at 3:30 PM. Blitzen checked out fine. I asked the vet about esterus. She said bitches can be in season for three weeks.
Over to PPQS. Told John about Blitzen's adventure. When John was seven he took his dog with him to the post office and the dog got stuck on another dog. John pulled and pulled and could not get his dog loose. He had no idea what was happening.

I blathered on and on about everything I have heard on NPR all week. I finished my quilt. Now I will send it to Gladys.
This afternoon I recd a shipment from Fedex. I opened it this evening. A gift basket from Wine Country from Sherry, Frank's niece (Martha's cousin). A box full of boxes of chocolate candy. Wow. wow wow

BOOK REVIEW
Barbara Parker, *Suspicion of Innocence*
This is the first in the series featuring Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana, high powered defense lawyers in Miami. They meet when Gail is indicted for killing her sister. Anthony comes from a rich powerful expat Cuban family. Gail comes from an "old family" in Miami.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: