Sunday, February 1, 2009

Journall Feb 1, 2009

Subject: Journall Sunday February 1, 2009


10:00 AM The alarm rang and I turned it off. Saving my strength for the dog park. I was up at 3 am taking a hot shower. I cant stop the arthritis but I can keep from seizing up. Sun is shining. temp is 50 degrees going up to 65.
Called Gladys, Steve's widow, and we talked for an hour.
Watched the Superbowl ads. That lizard one is just too much. When does the game start?
Game starts at 5:30 PM. I was concerned it would interfere with the Holy Heretics at the dog park. We were there 2 PM to 4 PM. Beautiful day, perfect weather. Almost a meetup. besides Allen, Brenda and Elaine, we met Rick and Linda with angel and Prof Chambers from TCU. When we got home I asked Lady Chica if she had a good time and she wagged her tail. I think she liked the meetup.
So sleepy. guess I will take a nap. Betty D and Ruth think my journals are funny.
I started watching the Superbowl and was waked up. Then I saw a one hundred yard run. I did not think such a run was possible. And it was scored. Somehow I find myself rooting for the Steelers. And so it goes.
What a game!!! Miracles! And the Steelers won by a nose.
BOOK REVIEW
Philip Craig, *The Woman Who Walked Into the Sea*
Series hero, Jeff (JW) Jackson, is a retired ondisability cop who lives full time on Martha's Vinyard. In this book, the other characters are academics. (The author is a prof of lit) A retired prof and another academic are writing an article about a forgotten Shakespeare play.
*A Shoot on Martha's Vineyard*
The shoot is a movie. By now J.W. has married and has a child. I find this rather boring. He spends too much time being jealous.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: