Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feb 26

Up at 9 am. I need some Gatorade --- maybe a banana shake. I sweated thru four night shirts last night. Need potassium.

Spent the morning sewing and listening to NPR. Bored with today's ideas. I took an early nap before the landscapers arrived. They are trimming bushes today.

Made a Kroger run. Then took another nap. Finally went to the dog park. Fortunately the motorsickles were just leaving. I need to get Blitzen under control or give him away. He almost pulls me over. He is fine until he sees a motorcycle. Then he goes beserk.

Lady Chica found a mud hole. The problem with mud is that it is clay. One has to scrub it off.


BOOK REVIEW
C.J. Box, *Three Weeks to Say Goodbye*
I had been looking forward to the next novel written by Box, but I dont think I can read this. His stand alone novels are violent, usually involving children. The plot of this book bothers me. Jack and melissa have adopted a newborn. Nine months later the father shows up demanding the child. I peeked at the last chapter. The protagonist is in prison for a year or so.

Bill Crider, *A Knife in the back*
Crider is (or was) an English prof at Alvin Community College in Alvin, TX, the home town of Nolan Ryan. His books are hilarious spoofs. This is the Sally Cooper series. Sally is head of the dept of English at Hughes Community College. Classic mystery.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: