Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Journall Feb 3, Tuesday

Writing this at Baptist Center. We have served 12 people for groceries, mostly single people. Fewer sack lunches bc people are working temp at Stock Show. Stock Show is not doing so well this year according to my informant.

I arrived home at noon half dead. Yet the dogs insisted we go to Ft Woof NOW. They even said it, NOW, NOW, NOW. We were there 2:00 to 3:30 PM. Perfect day. The dogs had fun running the fence with big dogs. One big dog owner came over to the fence to thank me for giving her dogs some exercise. (See pictures of fence etc. I sit at the table and read. Some people come by and chat.)

I could barely stand up as we came home and I took a nap until 6:30. I have been on the computer for more than an hour. Lots of emails today.

Does anybody speak Tex Mex? The Tres Navarre novels take place in San Antonio, TX, and Tres' buddy calls him "vato". I even looked in Wicktionary under Spanish. No such palabre.

BOOK REVIEW:
Philip Craig, *Murder At a Vinyard Mansion*.
Mr. Craig saved paragraphs in his computer and used them over and over again. The action is not so hot in this book, but it contains a great deal of history about "old families" on the Vinyard. An unlikely number of people are half siblings.

Phillip Craig and William Tapply, *Second Sight*
Tapply has his series hero, Brady Coyne, go down to the vinyard to visit J.W. Jackson, the Craig series hero. In both this and Third Strike the duo conbat terrorism. Celebrities come to the island.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: