Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb 4, 2009

Tuesday evening. The dogs have not moved a muscle tonight. Well, Lady Chica did open one eye to see what I was doing.

Wed morning. No pain. Good sleep. I dont understand how this works. Mon nite was horrible. Tuesday nite was pain free.

Five definitions of vato. Two URLs about slang. Three individuals know personally people who use the term. One reader, a mgr, says "I supervise enuf vatos to populate Juarez". The term means "dude", with sort of gang membership -----

Somebody also mentioned Vato Loco, meaning crazy gangster.

I spent the morning sewing on my string quilt. I am finishing the binding. Listening to NPR. Did some shopping at Walmart. It is so exhausting to find anything there. Am about to take off for PPQS (my evening with Lea).

We discussed linguistics. NPR had a rerun of McWhorter pushing his book. Lea did some machine quilting along the border of my quilt. So sleepy.

BOOK REVIEW
Phillip Craig, *Vineyard Chill*
This is the final book by Phillip Craig. he died in May 2007. Actually I liked this the best of his books. Vinyard books are one of a kind, sort of PI with mystery with travelogue.

I came home from the library with a bag of books by William Tapply.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: