Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28

Friday night I watched Bill Moyer's Journal and his conversation with my hero, linguist John McWhorter. I have been wondering how John feels about a black president. Moyer asked him. He is happy beyond what I expected him to say. Lea does not agree with some of his suppositions about the history of English.

I like McWhoter bc I agree with what he says. Last night he was talking about the need for child care. Something like 70% or 80% of black babies are born to unwed mothers.

Saturday morning 11 am. We leave for Ft Woof as soon as I get dressed. I want to make a library run before it closes at 2 PM. I need a fresh supply of books.
I was dreaming that I was a dancer trying to get into Cuba. Why in? Barbara Parker really got me into Havana of 2003. When we were courting, Frank promised over and over to take me to Havana. Alas, we never got there.

Acai (ah sigh ee) juice tastes like chocolate. It is most satifying to me.

We only stayed for half an hour at the park, even tho we were enjoying chatting with Ken and Judy. The wind was horrendous, 25 mph. Temp was forty six and real feel 36. We are going to have a frost tonight and tomorrow night. Not normal.

Took a long, long nap. Got up and watching Lawrence Welk show on KERA. Lady Chica stands around wagging her tail, wanting us to take a shower.

I cannot imagine this, but Discover Card has twice sent me a packet of checks for $1000 each. Amid the economic meltdown. Who says you cant get credit?

BOOK REVIEW
Lynn Hightower, *Eyeshot*
Eyeshot is as far as the eye can see. Protagonist, Sonia, is homicide detective in Cincinnati.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: