Monday, February 9, 2009

feb 9, 2009

Hemming while listening to Diane Reams on NPR. Discussion of the stimulus bill. Sun is coming out.

I took a nap. Went over to the dog park at two. Just as I arrived, Judy and Szabo arrived. We chatted away and suddenly it was 3:30. I came home and took another nap. Just as I woke up Ola Mae knocked at the door with a plate of beans and endive, a German dish. (Ola Mae cooks German a lot. her fa was German) I gobbled it up immediately.

Listened to Pres Obama's press conference. Sounded as if he were delivering a college lecture.

Martha and jeff came over to set up the tv. The dogs set up a clamor, and Ola Mae came out to see what was up. I appreciate that.
Well, the tv is beyond my wildest dreams. It is high definition. I must tell John and Lea that now I can watch Channel 13, PBS. Mystery. British comedies.

BOOK REVIEW
Dick Francis, *Shattered*
Dick Francis often writes books featuring a character who has a specialized occupation. In this case it is glass blowing. The hero's best friend is a jockey who is killed in a fall. He leaves a cassette which is the object of the plot. This was not one of Francis' best. I personally think Francis has been using ghost writers for years now.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: