Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb 8, 2009

One of my fears has been diminished if not vanished. Mrs. Chambers is a retired librarian. At the dog park, she reassured me that libraries don't close, they are more busy during hard times when people dont have money to buy books. Libraries may cut hours, cut staff, cut budgets for new acquisitions. But they remain.

Sunday morning. Another horrible night. My heel hurt. I decided I might as well get up and go to Sunday school.

Interesting class discussion. We are reading: Christianity Must Change or Die by John Spong. I skipped church. Came home and took dogs to the park. Then took a nap.

Martha picked me up at three. I chatted with Jeff as he cooked. Then I took a nap. We ate about seven. Martha and Jeff brot me home and hooked up my new tv. It is a High Definition with a converter box. convert to digital
I am tired tonight.

BOOK REVIEW
Mel Taylor, *Encounter by Deadline*
This is an interesting book. The main character is a TV reporter. He is the one you always see at the scene of the crime. He follows a police investigation of a Ponzi scheme involving diamonds. What is interesing - and indicative of culture change - is that the chief character is black but he never mentions his race. One picks up hints here and there. Nothing about black culture. John McWhorter would be proud of him.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: